Pages

▼

Saturday, July 11, 2026

Project: Chair Cushion Recover

Over the last month or so I have been "Spring Cleaning" my craft area.  Destashing items that aren't getting used and rearranging my craft space.  One item I decided to move from the dining room to my craft space was my secretary desk.  I've always admired these desks as they just have so much character (and hiding places 😊).  However... it is not the project in today's post, it is the chair I found to go with it. 

It was just a little bland, flat (ie uncomfortable) and weathered. 

What I wanted: light, airy, beachy, classy, fun, not too out there... I would know it when I saw it!

 A friend was headed to a fabric shop a few towns North and brought me some samples. 

After a long back and forth, I narrowed it down to the top middle, pinky fabic...

I really like this one.  The pattern felt classy and a little something more than just a solid color. My plan was to get this one after checking another fabric she had sent a picture but didn't really jump out at me.  The more I pondered it though (it had that umf I was looking for), the more it grew on me.  So, I wanted to see and touch it.

In person it just didn't make the cut.  I also scanned other fabrics.  However, a dear friend went with and showed me a pattern that she almost didn't show me.  One I had passed and didn't see.  

That was all she wrote...  

I said YES to the fabric!!!


It checked all the boxes.
It checked all my color boxes.

Many minutes, possibly hours, later... 

Fighting with the corners... the YouTube videos made it look so easy!  Not!

Here they are for a side-by-side comparison.
Just what I wanted!! 

With the left over fabric I plan to create a couple of items to balance the room off.  

Posting coming soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment