Pages

▼

Saturday, November 2, 2024

Stencil Drying Rack Idea

Are you like me and never think about it until you have your stencils dripping wet?  I've been on the hunt for a way to stand my stencils to dry. I've narrowed it down to two possibilities.  

Possibility #1: an envelope drying board.  It's basically a 6x9 flat piece of wood about 1/2" thick with lines carved for the envelope to stand.  I found them when I was doing Christmas envelopes in broad tip calligraphy.  I just haven't purchased one yet...



Here's the link on Etsy:


Possibility #2: a wooden dish drying rack.  It seems to be about the same size as the envelope draying rack..maybe a little bigger. But, there is more distance between the stencils  and they have something to lean against while drying.


Here's the link on Amazon:

Actually, I think either rack would serve a dual purpose with calligraphy and stencils.  I'm still undecided which one I want, so I've been holding off on purchasing.  Which brings me to my current problem: what do I do in the mean time?  

So tonight as I'm washing my stencils in the bathroom sink, I look over in the basket and spot ....


...a headband.  I think it works pretty good!  I may take for a test run a few times before I pull the plug on one of the others.  Who knows... I just may stick with this for both envelopes and stencils....

Happy Crafting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment